Monday, 15 October 2007

First post - a finished skirt for my daughter

Oooh - my first post! Feeling very positive after a productive crafting weekend, in spite of other things going on. I managed to start and finish a bag for my shop and a skirt for 4 year old daughter.

I bought this pattern ages ago, Butterick B4277, and found the fabric for it the other day at John Lewis - a beautiful purple/burgundy corduroy, embroidered with flowers. I've spent a good few days agonising over wether the skirt ties should be lilac or hot pink, but finally bit the bullet and started sewing! Was slightly slowed down as I managed to lose the back panel of the skirt, which I'd taken to the shops with me to match with the thread. Ooops - luckily there was plenty of spare fabric!
Really pleased with the shape of the skirt - for a start it has a flat front and elastic in the back only, which is why I chose it (my little girl is quite fussy about elastic). If only I hadn't been in such a hurry to finish it, I might have waited to check the fit on her before sewing in the elastic - unfortunately it's a bit big, so I'll just have to unpick and adjust this evening.

The other thing making me happy is that I've sold two sets of my Christmas decorations over the weekend. All in all, a good start to the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...