Tuesday, 23 October 2007

Sewing to Catatonia

We had a nice morning out in Windsor this morning. We happened to arrive in time for the changing of the guard, which the chidren love. It's been a lovely bright Autumn day, so we walked in along the river and back through the park. Had an interesting conversation with my daughter about why it wouldn't be a good idea to take a swan home and keep it in the bath. We also had a quick trip into Daniels department store - haberdashery for me (not much, but the nearest source of basics) and the amazing toy department for the children to browse (with us hawk-eyeing to get ideas for Christmas!).

I've managed to scavenge a few hours knitting and sewing here and there over the past couple of days, so I'm feeling very pleased with my productivity. The children have been taken to the farm by my husband this afternoon, so I've had a couple of hours with the sewing machine and a trilogy of Welsh bands - Catatonia, Stereophonics and Supper Furry Animals CDs - must be missing the homeland :)


ready, steady, sew!

Working to music is definitely more relaxing, and I don't know whether this is a coincidence or not but I haven't used the stitch ripper at all today!

Just finished this bag, an order from my mother-in-law:


I can also feel very virtuous as I did my good deed for the week yesterday by shortening my father-in-law's shower curtain for him.

Yesterday I finally sent off my contribution to the UK Street Team's shop on Etsy (see the blog here) - some felt Christmas decorations. There are quite a few people taking part, so there should be a fair mixture of items in each bag. I think they're going to be listed sometime in November.

The sewing machine is still out on the table - we're eating our tea around it this evening - so I think I'll get on with a bit more sewing later on once the children, now back from their farm trip, are in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...