Thursday, 8 November 2007

All cut out and ready to sew

Yay - I've cut out all the bits of the new bag ready to sew. No more procrastinating - I've decided to make a slouchy bag with that teal needlecord, lined in chocolate/teal print. I'm toying with the idea of putting piping in the top openings to stop it from collapsing in on itself, but I'm not sure - maybe slouchy is better. The shape is similar to the one I made recently for Alicub in the UK Etsy Secret Swap:



This one is in natural linen with a panel of pintucked vintage green floral fabric, lined to match.

Going for more Autumnal fabrics this time, so I'm thinking that maybe the bag should be a bit more structured.


This is my bedroom floor, which is my cutting out space. My little boy has parked up for the evening in the corner. I am so very jealous of spaces like this at house on hill road - I can dream!

I like to think I would be so much more productive if I could just keep my machine set up and ready to go all the time, and if all my sewing bits and pieces were kept in one place. In reality, I would probably still procrastinate and agonise over what to sew next to defer all that horrible cutting out! I do love a pile of neatly cut out pieces of fabric ready to be assembled into a bag, but I just hate the process of pinning and cutting and moving the pattern then pinning and cutting and (yawn)....

1 comment:

  1. Oh I know exactly what you mean - cutting out is so awful and boring and no fun at all, but you know if you don't pay attention it makes things much much harder in the end.

    Love the fabrics - I think those are some that I've hankered for on h-handbag? Mmmm. Tasty!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...