Sunday, 11 November 2007

Weekend sewing and knitting

I finished the slouchy bag last night. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

The teal velveteen that I used for the exterior is lovely - really sumptuous and the lining fabrics set it off really well. I really love teal and brown together at the moment.

One note of caution is that the velveteen marks really easily on the feed dogs of the sewing machine, so I found it better to work things so that I was sewing with the fabric facing up under the machine foot instead.




The interior features a divided patch pocket, with room for mobile, purse, and a pen and on the other side a small zipped compartment

It's going to be in my shop tomorrow (Monday).



All in all, it's been quite a productive weekend. In between trips to the supermarket, jigsaws, duplo and Sunday roasts, I've managed to pack in quite a bit of crafting - one pair of fingerless gloves begun, progress on a baby cardie, two bags completed (the slouchy bag fabric was so nice I made a shoulder bag too) and another clutch cut out and ready to go.


1 comment:

  1. Goodness, that is a busy weekend - you'll put us all to shame!

    Seriously though the bag is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...