Monday, 12 November 2007

Teal velveteen take 2

This is the other bag I was working on over the weekend. The teal velveteen is my favourite fabric in my stash at the moment - so soft and sumptuous. I'm thinking it would make a lovely cushion for my living room ...

This second bag is one of my own patterns again. Each time I've made this one up, I've experimented with the interfacing and structure of it. This is partly due to the fact that the fabrics I have used have been so different - a herringbone wool tweed, quilter's cotton and, this time, the velveteen.



I used boning for the first time on this bag - a quick read through of this tutorial, and confidence boosted by reading others saying it's not so difficult. I put the boning just in the top of the bag - one piece on either side with a gap where the strap is attached. It does give just the right amount of support for the bag opening, along with the craft weight interfacing and plastic canvas base. The only thing was that it was a nightmare getting the bag through the machine when I was doing the final topstitching around the bag top. Really difficult not to pinch in the fabric when I reached the sides with no boning in them. Still, I managed, didn't break any needles! I'm really happy with the end result.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this, the colour is simple gorgeous and I bet it is pretty tactile too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm definitely saving some for a project for me - I love this fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...