Tuesday, 1 January 2008

Happy New Year!

Well, I didn't exactly make it till midnight to see in the New Year! We've just come back from a few days visiting our families, and after a few nights of wandering and waking children overnight, it was nice to just slope off to bed early. The children even had a lie-in this morning till 8am, which was bliss!

The first day of the New Year, and I'm cracking on with some sewing. It's been so hard being away from my sewing machine after getting lots of sewing-orientated gifts. My mother-in-law not only subscribed me to Ottobre children's patterns magazine for the year, which I am very excited about, but also bought me this book, which I've had my eye on for ages:


My husband got me a rotary cutter and mat - fantastic gift, which I hope will revolutionize the detested cutting out process! I've only ever hand-pieced quilts (English style) before, but have been wanting to piece by machine, where greater cutting accuracy is required (!), so this gift is going to be put to really good use.

There's also been a bit of stash enhancement....

some gorgeous fabrics by Amy Butler for bags and the like:


cute Matryoshka, turtle and transport Japanese prints intended for coin purses, pencil cases and tissue holders:


and two different colourways in one of my favourite prints (I already have the brown); I think I'll make totes and baby bibs with these:


I'm off to start cutting into some fabric now, so I'll have some pictures of finished projects to upload soon.

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. What lovely, lovely presents. The magazine looks fantastic and I know that the book is as I have that one too!

    I love every single one of your fabrics...particuarly the matryoshka and the pears ones.

    Happy new year, Helen! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh new fabrics - they do look lovely. Looking forward to seeing what you rustle up with those.

    I do like that book a lot, although somehow I didn't manage to get round to half the projects I'd planned - hopefully your enthusiasm for it will rub off on me again :)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments. Happy New Year to you too! Hopefully I'll have some pics of items made with the new fabrics soon - they're being pre-washed as I type! Had a bit of a crafting lull over Christmas, so it's time to get busy again!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...