Monday, 18 February 2008

Half-term-happy!

It's half term, the sun is shining and all is good! As I type my husband is downstairs entertaining the children by changing the battery in the smoke alarm. Seriously - this is a huge treat for them as they find it most entertaining. They particularly like it when he presses the 'test' button. And my daughter is so very proud of his efforts. Last time he changed the battery she told everyone that her daddy was very good at fixing things for weeks! It really is so sweet how easily impressed the children are by the smallest tasks.

I was having a conversation with my little girl the other day about not going out to work and she said 'but you have got a job mummy, you make bags'. I realise my contribution to our household income is tiny, but the fact that my hobby can earn a bit of pin money delights me. (In fact, the whole concept of pin money delights me - such an evocative phrase. It makes me feel like a proper homemaker, even if I'm not so good at the cleaning and tidying part!). My etsy shop has now made it's 40th sale (the last three thanks to my lovely sister), and I have 3 custom orders on the go at the moment, which makes me feel like a bona fide maker!

the first custom etsy order - one down two to go!





I was also thrilled to find Lisa at U-handbag had put my moleskine case in her monthly favourites from the u-handbag flickr group. Lisa's was the first blog I discovered and I have been reading avidly ever since. Such a fantastic source of ideas and tutorials, and I really like Lisa's writing style. It's lovely to be featured by such a talented lady!

Oh, and did I mention it's half term? That means lots more days of not getting dressed in the morning and leisurely sewing time - hooray :D

10 comments:

  1. I love the combination of fabrics on that moleskin cover - and custom orders are excellent! You must be thrilled :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on all those sales, your bags really are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely set. Those fabrics are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous fabric, such a great colour combination - no wonder they are selling well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love those custom orders - and congrats on the u-handblog feature - I love that blog too

    ReplyDelete
  6. I smiled in recognition at your "homemaker - not so good at the cleaning" comment.

    And Lisa is the greatest, in many many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bags are lovely, must be great to receive a commision!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done! You deserve your sales - your work is lovely.

    Your children must be angelic - half-term equates to less sewing time for me - how are you doing it, please share your secrets...or do you just keep your husband up the ladder fixing the smoke alarm for the WHOLE week? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I bought the Marie Claire Idees in Selfridges, ground floor. Have a fun days shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks to everyone for the kind comments! And thanks, twohippos, for the Selfridges tip off.
    ali - I sometimes wonder if I'm even allowed to call myself a housewife as I'm so useless at the chores!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at Helen[at]angharadhandmade[dot]co[dot]uk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...