Sunday, 2 March 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

This is the lovely card and gift made for me by my 4 year old daughter. The vase of flowers was made at school, and they even sprayed perfume on to give them a scent, which is sweet. Then the beautiful card painted under Daddy's supervision yesterday. Most lovely of all was her handwritten envelope. I am such a proud mummy!

Slightly more abstract, but no less lovely for it, was my little boy's effort. He's only 2 and was so pleased with himself. He told me it was a 'night time picture', but also took care to point out the circle detail at the bottom!


I was treated to a bacon sandwich for breakfast, courtesy of my husband, and more flowers to follow the St David's day daffodils yesterday. It was so sweet to see the children so proud of their efforts, and I got a few extra cuddles too!

This afternoon I got a bit of time off for good behaviour so I finished off the bag I was working on yesterday. Just a magnetic snap to attach, the pleating at the front and slipstitching the lining closed. It's been pressed, photographed, and listed in my etsy shop. I'm happy with how this one turned out. I'd drafted a new pattern based on a handbag I made a little while ago, and tweaked it a little as I went along. So here's the finished item:


I really love this print - it reminds me very much of a Portmeirion Totem dinner service my parents had when we were growing up. I used to love having hot drinks in the little brown coffee cups. I bought the same fabric in a different colourway too, so there will be more tea and coffee cups to come!

7 comments:

  1. awh I'm glad to hear you had such a nice Mother's day - I was made a fuss of in the morning too, was lovely to see the kids so excited and proud of their efforts...maybe we should all do it more often!

    Love the bag, very pretty fabric

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day! I wanted to thank you also for the award and when I finally find out what I am doing wrong, will post the award. Sadly I can be a little computer challenged at times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids sound great! and I love the 'y' on the envelope :D

    p.s, you've been tagged!
    Rules are;
    1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog. 2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. 3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. 4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have been tagged
    Rules are:
    1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
    2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
    3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
    4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SORRY!! I'm tagging you too :(
    p.s, you've been tagged!
    Rules are;
    1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog. 2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. 3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. 4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comments, and for the multiple taggings!

    annieb- mother's day is the best, isn't it! And thanks for the kind comment about the bag - I love that tea cup print!

    two hippos - you should be able to right click on the award icon in my post to save it, then you can just paste it in to your blog. There's probably a better way to do it, but that's how I managed it.

    kmc - thanks - my children are great! Well, I am a bit biased :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...