Saturday, 1 March 2008

A day at the farm

Happy St David's Day! We haven't done anything in particular to celebrate the day, though my children did buy me some daffodils, which I love. I didn't even cook leeks for dinner, but chilli filled tacos, which would be difficult to pass off as traditional Welsh fare!

The wind has been howling here all day, but we braved the chill to go out to the local farm park this morning. The children love it, and it's right on our doorstep, so we often go in the afternoons after nursery, but today daddy was in on the trip too (which was lovely as I got to sit down with a cup of tea while he climbed the hay bales with them for a change!).

My daughter's theme for the coming weeks at nursery is animals, so I'm sure she'll tell them on Monday about the main excitement of the day, which was a very large billy goat trying to eat her ponytail! This was the same billy goat who a couple of weeks ago tried to eat my little boy's scarf. We'll tread more carefully around him in future!

Sewing time this evening, which I've abandoned for the moment, as so many things have gone wrong. I'm really near the end too, I just need to attach a magnetic snap and slip stitch the lining closed, but I sense that if I do it now I'll end up making a hash of the snap and the whole bag will be misaligned. I've finally learned when it's time to stop for the day! But here's something I made earlier in the week, in the same fabric, as I find myself unable to write a post without a picture of two:


I've also cut out some squares ready to start a small quilt next week. This is where my rotary cutter and mat come in to their own - it's just so satisfying cutting out little piles of identically sized squares (hopefully!). I'm looking forward to getting started on this project as I so love this Summer in the City fabric collection by Urban Chiks.

Next week's a busy week though, so I'm not anticipating too much sewing time. This one will just have to wait for the time being. Hopefully I'll have some bag pictures to post tomorrow though!

3 comments:

  1. I love those fabrics - the combination of pinks and reds is something that I am really coming to love.

    Thank you so much for your comment on my blog re: the arte y pico - that's very kind! I hope you are having a lovely weekend and having a happy Mother's Day. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Florence! They are some of my favourite fabrics which I've been hanging on to for a while now! I see from your blog that you had a good mother's day too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...