Monday, 21 April 2008

The holiday is over ...

Well those 2 weeks holiday from school seemed to fly by. This morning, my husband and daughter went back to school, leaving me and my little boy in a strangely quiet house!

We've had a great couple of weeks, visits from the in-laws, family outings to the farm and Legoland. A good time was had by all, with picnic lunches out and about, in spite of the often awful weather! I even managed to sneak out for a little bit of child-free time on Saturday and meet my mum and sister in London for a day wandering the shops aimlessly. Really, aimlessness is such a lovely change for me from being the 'mum' person who's in charge of everything! I bought a couple of metres of fabric in John Lewis on Oxford Street. One, a gorgeous turquoise jacquard fabric for bag making,


and the other a cotton floral print to make a top for my daughter.


I did miss my children a lot, in spite of that heady feeling of freedom from going out alone! And apparently they missed me a bit too, as I came back to a gorgeous bunch of tulips, a video tribute dance routine by my 4 year old daughter to the Scissor Sisters' 'I don't feel like dancing' (had me in stitches) and a sweet little note she'd written stuck on the fridge door:

Apparently she'd wanted to do 31 kisses as I'm 31 years old, but she got a little carried away and added a few more! My little boy had apparently thought I'd gone to Legoland for the day again on my own! They really are such a funny pair.

I've a few works in progress and finished things to share from my holiday crafting in this mosaic from my flickr photoset.


Juliet is finished but not blocked (nor are the ends woven in as yet), my little girl's cardie has a back, a left and right front, but no sleeves as yet, I've started another cardie for a baby due tomorrow, and finished another Beatrix Potter baby blanket to accompany it. Then a few new bags - a wooden handled bag posing with my 'we miss you' tulips, 3 clutch bags and a shoulder bag. Also, a little stack of tissue holders and pencil cases. Phew! I'm very lucky that my husband is a teacher, and hence available for holiday childcare, or there's no way I would have got any of this done! Still quite a bit in the works in progress box though ...

10 comments:

  1. I can't believe you did you all that lovely sewing in one half-term....I am so impressed! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed at how much you have made during the school holidays and you always use such lovely fabrics too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been full of busy haven't you?! goodness, I feel quite inadequate.

    The note from your daughter is so lovely too- bless her little self

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet note!
    You have been busy, so many lovely projects in that mosaic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It made sense once you said dh was a teacher, you made me feel like a real slacker over the amount you have got done for a moment then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog. You have such beautiful photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the comments, everyone! The husband being a teacher helps quite a lot as I can just palm off the childcare duties on him :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful fabrics...there are so many gorgeous fabrics available in the UK - we are kind of deprived here in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. There are three fabric stores in a city of over a million people and two of those are big ugly box stores selling awful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that little note from your daughter is SO sweet!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...