Sunday, 27 April 2008

Juliet

Juliet is finished, pressed, ends woven in and ready to wear! Well, almost ... I haven't yet decided whether or not to do the button fastenings, or just to pin it as I have here.

The pattern was lovely to knit - really clear and straightforward, and nothing more complicated than yarn overs and simple decreases. It's only a 6 row pattern repeat, so it's very easy to memorise once you've knitted the first repeat. What's more, it's knitted in once piece, so no boring sewing up afterwards. The pattern calls for big needles and chunky yarn, so it grows really quickly too. The ideal project for an impatient knitter! I used Sirdar Click for this as I was worried about how it would turn out, and I didn't want to invest in anything too expensive just in case. I bought it from GetKnitted at £2 a ball - bargain! (And really fast delivery and great customer service).


The details of the project are over on Ravlery, if anyone's interested. Not sure what's going to be next on the knitting needles, but I've got quite a queue of projects from browsing the patterns there!

12 comments:

  1. That is very pretty :D I really like the colour you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't Juliet look gorgeous! I have just bought some yarn to try out my first lace and if I manage it, she may well be on my 'to knit' list.

    I say go buttonless if you're looking for opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it - it's very pretty! I haven't tried to knit anything that complicated looking, but you make it sound pretty easy really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love that color blue. i envy those of you that can knit. I think I tried a scarf once, years and years ago. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Juliet is lovely, fab shape and such a great colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh i just said this was lovely on flickr. But it still is :)

    I'd stick without buttons. You could always fashion a fetching brooch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your cardigan! It looks great, I have signed up to join ravlery and awaiting my invitation to join.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cardigan! I really like the colour. I've only learnt how to do yarn over, but haven't attempted to knit a proper garment. I'm tempted now.

    Thanks for the comments on my scarf(lette) I've posted a link to the magazine where I got the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful...the color is amazing and perfect for spring...buttons are always an issue it seems. Gorgeous, very girly knit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh delicious and the colour suits you really well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just finished my Juliet yesterday. I love the color and yarn you chose. It looks really lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...