Thursday, 1 May 2008

32

It was my 32nd birthday yesterday. Scary how quickly that year has gone! Getting a year older never seems to bother me too much, though I will admit to a momentary flash of anxiety that I would suddenly have to be a proper grown up when I turned 30!

As you can see, my husband and children chose a very delicious chocolate birthday cake, in spite of my little boy's insistence that he wanted a Thomas the Tank cake! I had a lovely day, with cards, presents and the children on extra special best behaviour. All in all it's been a great birthday!

Later in the afternoon I had a most exciting bonus birthday surprise in an email from Sew Mama Sew to say that my napkin set tutorial had been chosen as one of the winners in their Tutorial Contest. I was so thrilled about this - I've never won anything like this before! Thanks very much for all the lovely comments. The Sew Mama Sew blog has links to all the winning tutorials, as well as all the other entries, with lots of fantastic ideas for things to sew, so it's well worth having a look. Now I have a $25 gift certificate in my pocket and I'm looking forward to spending some money on some of the gorgeous fabrics in the Sew, Mama, Sew shop!


I'm thinking some kind of small blog giveaway would be in order as I've just had a birthday and a competition win. Of course, I haven't been organised enough yet to think of what I'll give away, so it will have to wait until my next post! Watch this space!

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! And congratulations on the win - that's such a great present.

    Save us a slice of cake ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday to you! and congrats on the win - what a nice birthday pressie...it was a great tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday - and how lovely to win on your birthday! what are you going to buy in the shop - I was trying to choose something last night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday - what a super present! You'll be spoilt for choice in their lovely shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday and Congratulations!! Wow, you must be so pleased. what are you planning on buying? :>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday!

    Congrats on the win!

    I loved the tutorial and am going to use it myself. In fact ... ahem ... I was one of the oringinal fans that encouraged you to do it.

    Hmmm. I knew her when ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! And congratulations on winning too, a lovely surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Helen! I love that children genuinely think we will love their toy-themed cakes as much as they do. Having said that I covet some of the children's cakes in Marks & Spencers as I'm sure that their buttercream tastes better than my own! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday and congrats on the well-deserved win on SMS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you....... Well done on the tutorial, can't wait for the next!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! And what a wonderful bonus present too! You lucky devil.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the birthday wishes and the congratulations! It's been a great week, all in all!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...