Monday, 12 May 2008

Birthday books and weekend sewing

Look! I've just received a most exciting belated birthday gift from my mother-in-law. I've had these two on my Amazon wishlist for some time, and have seen some lovely projects made up from both on flickr and in blog posts. They're my new bedtime reading (time during the day to browse books is rare with my 4 and 2 year old around!). What a great gift - my mother-in-law obviously knows me very well. What's more, apparently there's another book still to come, so I am going to be on the lookout for the postman over the coming days!

It's been gloriously sunny here over the past week. This weekend was spent outdoors - our patio doors are flung open and the children have just been roaming happily in the back garden. Yesterday saw the paddling pool being brought out for the first time this year, and two very excited children leaping around in it. Needless to say, we all got very wet! I also managed to do a bit of sewing here and there during the day and evening. More bits and pieces for the WeMake craft fair I'm taking part in, in Covent Garden on Sunday June 21st.


More pencil cases and coin purses in cute Japanese fabrics. All done, just in need of a press! I'm finding it a little alarming how quickly the weeks are passing, with so much sewing left to do. I have a sort of waking nightmare where I'm standing in front of a table with just two items on it and everyone walking straight past! Luckily, I am sharing with the lovely Clothcat, so hopefully between us we can fill a table.

Off now to water the plants with my little boy. There's still time to enter my giveaway for a clutch bag made in Amy Butler prints, for anyone who's interested! You have until midnight tonight, UK time.

7 comments:

  1. Hi! You are lucky to have such a lovely Mother in Law. I've also got the Simple Sewing book on my bedside table. It is a really lovely book, nice practical things to make. Btw, I misread your post last week and thought the competition was closed last Tuesday, duh. I still posted a comment, so fingers cross. :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucky you, what great gifts, they are both lovely books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Simple Sewing book is amazing. I purchased recently to help me get back into sewing after a hiatus of many, many years. I love the tote bag pattern that is on the cover of the book and plan to make that my first project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely suprise, I love the last minuet patchwork book and also have the simple sewing on my amazon wish list! Lots of inspiration. Amazed you are sewing in the heat, I have done a little but mostly am enjoying the sunsine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I requested the Joelle Hoverson book from my library in January and it arrived this week! It is a terrific book - shame I have to return it. Lucky you for having suuch a thoughtful MIL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very lucky indeed - my mother in law has really surpassed herself with these gifts - so many lovely things to sew here!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...