Wednesday, 11 June 2008

Tagged

I've been tagged by SummerSadie to answer this meme, a few weeks ago now, but I am so behind with my blog/shop/sewing/life that it's taken me a little while to get around to it!


What was I doing 10 years ago?

10 years ago, I would have been just about finishing my Finals at Oxford. It's stunned me a bit to realise that it was that long ago! Here I am in subfusc (oh yes, we had to wear gowns and carry our mortar boards for our exams!). By this point I'd met my husband, who was one of my group of University friends. He'd just finished his teaching qualification and I'd just finished my degree, and that Summer we moved into our first flat together so that he could start his new job and I could begin my MA in Medieval Studies.





5 things on my to-do list for today?

1) Watering the new plants in our front garden
2) Sewing two bags
3) Catching up with reading everyone's blogs and reading comments (blogger doesn't provide me with anyone's email addresses to respond in person, so I usually try to answer specific questions in the comments and visit people's blogs in return)
4) Tidying the clutter from my bedroom (this one is ongoing and may take some time!)
5) Find the cheque I've lost amongst the clutter in my bedroom (see above!)


Snacks I enjoy
Olives, cheese, kettle chips, chocolate, pickled onions ... hmm I could go on for a while! I don't have too sweet a tooth - if you offered me a choice between a roast potato and a truffle, I'd go for the roast potato every time.

Things I would do if i was a billionaire
I would share with family and friends and contribute to charities. I'd love to be able to move my family closer to where we live. We'd also move to a bigger place ourselves - somewhere with a kitchen big enough to eat in, a spare room always made up for the family who come to stay, a sewing room/study, and space for a piano (it's impossible to shoehorn one into the space in the house we live in now), and I'd probably have more children too! Really, I wouldn't need to be a billionaire to accomplish all this - a million would be fine :D

Places I have lived
My list isn't half as exciting as everyone else's! No glamorous far-flung places here, but a short list of: South Wales (I'm a valleys girl), the South-East of England (pretty much confined to the Thames valley) and Brittany in Northern France. Bloggers seem to be a well-travelled bunch of people, so I am clearly bucking the trend!

People I would like to know more about
Well, as most people seem to have done this one already somewhere along the line, I'll just invite anyone who hasn't done this already to answer if they feel like it!

4 comments:

  1. I always have tiding up the bedrooms on my list, its never ending! I love olives too, have you tried Barry Normans pickled onions yet - very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a lovely way to learn more about blog friends. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, your dream home sounds like my dream home. Wouldn't it be nice to have a hobby room for sewing. Sigh....

    Also, I thought I was the only one losing cheques. My husband found one of my cheques on the floor this morning. Tut Tut Tut......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I just saw your answers. Medieval studies...that's so interesting. I'm sure you've done a lot of neat things with that.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at Helen[at]angharadhandmade[dot]co[dot]uk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...