Sunday, 15 June 2008

This is what chaos looks like

This photo gives a pretty good snapshot of what most of my house looks like at the moment - piles of fabric which have been rifled through and abandoned, half-finished bags, zips and interfacing all over the place and, of course, small threads stuck to the whole family's clothing and left behind on each tread of the stairs. The reason for the mess? My last-minute preparations for the Wemake fair in London this coming Sunday, 22nd June. I find myself increasingly compelled to visit the Wemake blog to look at the clever countdown widget, which as I type tells me that there are only 6 days, 13 hours, 5 minutes and 19 seconds remaining till the fair on Sunday ... and counting ... Panicked? Hmm, just a little! I have a list of things to do as long as my arm, and I'm not really sure how it's all going to get done.




Still, out of the chaos, a few half-finished objects are beginning to emerge. Like a row of bags with bamboo and wooden handles. Not finished, but almost there ...




... and another soon-to-be-beribboned clutch. This is one of a batch of four, but seemingly they're going to be left unfinished this evening as I'm running out of the right colour thread. I remained surprisingly calm at this discovery - I'm going to adopt the approach of sewing faster in the hope that this will make the thread go further. Wish me luck!



All this means I'm very behind with my blog, replying to comments, and popping in to visit everyone else's blogs. I'll be back soon! Thanks for all your comments in the meantime, and I'm really looking forward to meeting those of you who said you might pop in on Sunday!

Hope you've had a good weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Wow, you look super busy. Good luck with the preparation for the Wemake fair and I hope to meet you there soon.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a long way to visit you in the Wemake fair:(
    Good luck and good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! :)
    Love the little blue clutch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Helen, I feel so jittery for you! I know how I would feel with so much to do. However, somehow these things always do seem to get done just in time - you seem so very competent that I'm sure it will all come together and look fantastic.

    I could suggest that omitting a layer of interlining from each item may cut down your work time substantially...but I know that you will be resistant to that idea....so I am sending wishes that your creations this week may be super-lined and wonderful.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bags. I love the one with the doll toys...I think they're Russian toys? I can't remember the name of them, but it's beautiful fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog. I remember many times, knitting faster so I won't run out of yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. everything looks gorgeous Helen, good luck with the fair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck! I'm sure you will be a raging success... better make LOTS of those ribbon bags too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with all your final preparations for the we make fair, hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those bamboo bags are looking mighty fine. Lots of luck with the fair....have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh dear! I have just discovered that I have lots of mail to you in my outbox which I thought had been sent, but actually have gone to "no-reply@blogger ...." My goodness, you must think me sooo rude! Sorry!! In reply to your latest comment on my blog, no it's not a hex frame, just rope! I have used a hex frame. You just have to make sure that your channel has plenty of space
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. After the fair I'm tried for some explanations about the Japonese book "girly style wardrobe" by you...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck in it all. The bags look great, I love the bamboo handles. How do you price your work?

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...