Wednesday, 18 June 2008

What to take to a craft fair ....?

Last-minute organisation is still in full swing, and I'm finalising my list of things to take to the craft fair. I'm probably going to forget something completely vital, so to that end I've been doing a bit of research on Lisa's blogs at U-handbag and CraftBoom, as she should know pretty much everything a would-be bag seller should need about their person and in their kit! Here's a handy list of top 10 items to take along and there's a wealth of other advice and handy hints on selling bags and other crafts here.

I'm busy refining my list now as I've realised that there's going to be a limit to what I can physically carry across London by train and tube. I'm starting to wonder whether I should have made an apron with more pockets to tote all this stuff around!

Here's my provisional list:
  • apron (equipped with scissors and tape measure)
  • duplicate book for receipts
  • notepad and pen for general jottings
  • business cards
  • trays and a small rail for display
  • bags and tissue paper for packaging and for stuffing bags
  • labels for all items and shop sign for the front of the stall (my very clever little brother is taking care of this one for me)
  • food and drink for me (may have to ditch this one if I can't carry it!)
  • float of coins for change
  • clipboard so that people can sign up to my mailing list
  • camera to photograph my stall for future blog posts and flickr
  • folded stand-up card pieces for information like prices alongside different items
  • sellotape
  • BAGS (note to self - don't forget these)

Still not sure quite what to expect on the day, but I won't have too much time to worry about it as I've got plenty to do before then. I'm really grateful for all your supportive comments on my last couple of posts - thank you!

11 comments:

  1. Goodluck!

    I love your apron in the post below too :)
    Melx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh it's come round quick! That's such a lot of stuff to carry across town - I hope your bag is big enough ;)

    Good luck on Sunday. Seriously. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The apron looks great! Best of luck for Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen! You are making me so excited about this Sunday. Good Luck with all the preparation. Love the apron too.

    Just to let you know that the Jubilie Line is not working this weekend.

    Good Luck.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck on Sunday Helen. Still hoping to make it there but I am in sole charge of two small kids that day so am not sure how likely it is...still, if you see someone looking harassed and dragging two little girls along it'll probably be me!!!

    Hope it goes REALLY well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! I'm sure it will be fantastic. Wish there was a way I could make it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck, REALLY!
    If I were you I'll take more than one pen ... :)
    I'm sure it will be a success.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sound excited! Hope you sell everything you bring! Wish I could go...there are no craft fairs around here that I know of.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a little late, but good luck! Can't wait to hear how it went and see pictures. You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at Helen[at]angharadhandmade[dot]co[dot]uk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...