It's my budding little pirate's turn now - I've cast on and knitted the back of his new skull and crossbones jumper. The Debbie Bliss DK cotton is lovely and, most importantly, knits up really fast; I think this one should be finished quite soon, unlike the crocheted border cardigan in 4 ply, which seemed to take forever! My little boy is so far just disappointed by the fact that there is no skull to be seen as yet. Hopefully the cream/white yarn will make arrive by post tomorrow, or I'll be stalled after the ribbing on the front, and the two arm cuffs.
So far the main mishap has been at the 'change to 4mm needles and continue in st-st ...' bit - I did my usual 'change one of your needles to a 4mm needle but continue to use the 3 3/4 mm needle on alternate rows'. I managed not to notice this for 60-odd rows, and there was no way I was going to rip it back, so luckily it doesn't seem to be too obvious!
Bobbins are at the ready so I can try my hand at intarsia again. Hopefully it will go better than last time:
I just dug this one out to photograph it, and I've now finally ripped it so that I can lay it to rest.
Cause of death - my poor mastery of intarsia/fairisle techniques, as manifested in uneven tension, the main yarn colour surfacing in the middle of the pink polka dots, and the oval 'circles'. Maybe I'll start it again if I manage the skull and crossbones!