Tuesday, 8 July 2008

Swaps!

I do love a good swap, so naturally I signed up to the latest UK esty sellers swap organised by ColdCell immediately. I was so excited when the postman rang the bell last week to give me this beautifully wrapped package. I had an inkling of who it might be from when I saw that the package was wrapped in an old map and I was right - I was lucky enough to be paired with Amelia, queen of decoupage. And look at the goodies I received - a lovely journal covered in a map of the town where I live and fastened with a lovely bright red button

Also, some lovely paper goods - a camper van card, a package of beautiful handmade envelopes and a card with a hard shaped motif made from another map of the place where I live!

And it was all so beautifully made and prettily packaged in tissue paper with pretty stickers, a moo card and little cut out hearts and stars from maps (which my daughter promptly claimed!).

Thanks so much, Amelia - I'm thrilled with it all! Do have a look at Amelia's etsy shop, Bombus, for lots of wonderful paper goods, journals and decoupaged accessories.

It wasn't a straight swap, so I was allocated another etsian, EclecticB, and here's what I sent to her after studying her likes and dislikes - a shimmering scarf, kawaii pencil case, lavender bags and tissue holder:



I really enjoy these swaps when they come around, and I've already signed up to the next one - a UK cake-off, after all, what could be better than surprise cake by post?

7 comments:

  1. A cake-off! Love that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really gorgeous items :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The paper products are so nice! I can't believe they are handmade.
    I just saw all your knitting posts and you are a great knitter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ! I love how she tied it with the button! The stuffs look so precious ^& delicate. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you, they are the best parcels to get as there is no credit card bill attached.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow! i love the map covered journal, so cool!

    the things you sent your swapmate rock too, love the scarf :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome swap. I love the van card - super cute. Your package of goodies will be greatly appreciated as well. I love the beautiful color on that scarf. It has that water quality/color feel to it. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at Helen[at]angharadhandmade[dot]co[dot]uk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...