Tuesday, 26 August 2008

Pleated plum flower bag dilemma

I love this plum flower fabric - lovely colour combination, and a nice raised weave. I bought it from Kyoko a while back, and as usual I've procrastinated for ages before deciding what to use it for. Have a look at her shop - she has some gorgeous fabrics and handmade bags for sale. (I've also only just realised that Kyoko has another shop for her handknits - look at this gorgeous cabled baby jacket).



I've also had these beautiful carbonised bamboo handles and super-shiny o-rings (and not o'rings as I typed at first!) that I bought from Lisa in my stash for ages, again waiting for the 'right' project as they're too nice to just use willy-nilly.

So finally, after draping and arranging and folding and unfolding for many weeks, I finally got out my scissors and cut into the fabric yesterday to make this pleated-front bag.

pleated front and bright orange flat lining


So the dilemma is whether or not I keep it! I did have this fabric earmarked for a bag for myself, and it's lovely and roomy for stashing lots of mum things inside (my primary requirement in a bag!). My only worry is that I'm too scruffy for it. I'm just going to admire it on the back of my bedroom door for the moment and decide at a later date!

12 comments:

  1. Keep it! Keep it! It's gorgeous. I love the style and the brown/orange colour combination. Or give it to me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it! Sometimes you just have to accept that the nicest things you make deserve to stay with you. Love the fabric and love the shape. You should always bear in mind that whenever you're carrying it it's advertising as well.

    keeeeep it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! keep it! I always have this trouble. I make too many things that I want to keep - think of it as advertising! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make another to sell/give away and keep this all for you. I love the pleated squashiness of it. The handles work beautifully. Joleo is right it's suprising what a brilliant advert a good bag can be...... folk aren't too shy to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how you would even consider parting with it - it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a cute bag. Really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looove it! That looks so fabulous! I know the feeling. I often have trouble whether I should keep it nor not. Keep this one and make another one to sell!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, not sure how you can give that bag up ... it's so great, those handles are absolutely wonderful. I say keep it, you can never have enough bags.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep the bag. It is lovely. The colours are nice and Autumnly.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. of course you must keep it! it's wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! That is a very gorgeous bag.

    It's definitely a keeper and you're not too scruffy for it; what the heck are you talking about?

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...