Saturday, 27 September 2008

Knitting Marathon for Age Concern



Any plans for the weekend? Living anywhere near Reading in Berkshire? How about joining in with this year's Knitting Marathon for the Big Knit 2008, organised by Outcast. The event will take place at Picnic in Reading, 2.30pm - 5.30pm on Sunday 28 September.


The aim is to knit as many little hats as possible for Innocent Smoothie bottles to be sold in aid of Age Concern. For every behatted bottle sold, Innocent and Sainsburys will donate 50p to Age Concern. Last year they raised over £200,000.

If you can't make the knitting marathon, but still want to take part, you still have until 17th October to get your knitted headgear to Innocent. Just visit their website for more details, including knitting patterns for the hats!

5 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing all the little hats, please take lots of photos. I'll be knitting over here in London.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had lots of fun knitting the hats! I hope to start on my innocent hats later this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great and cute idea. Hope you had fun knitting. We have similar causes here as well - Calgary has a lot of homeless people and in the winter it gets to -32C - that is cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats really coo, what do they do with the hats afterwards?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did the knitting marathon go? Hope you had a great fun. I would love to see all the hats you made! Would the hats be put onto the innocent smoothie drink cap?

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...