Wednesday, 24 September 2008

A long week!

Well, it was only a matter of time before I succumbed to the dreaded lurgy with girl, boy and Daddy struck down in turn before me. My children, bless them, have been fantastic at entertaining themselves today, sensing that I was feeling a little delicate. A dose of CBeebies (the Green Balloon club being a favourite at the moment), some duplo play and a packet of felt pens, crayons and paper and they were kept busy all afternoon.


There was a small window of time over the weekend, however, when no-one was poorly, the house was tidy, and everyone was happy, when I made this quick gift for a little girl who's just had her second birthday. Last-Minute Patchwork Gifts really does live up to its name as this was made in not much more than an hour. Hopefully the recipient will be happy! I'm especially pleased with the little chubby triangular pencils found in my local craft shop and had a lot of fun choosing scraps to match the colour of each one. I'm also delighted that finally I've managed to actually make something from one of my numerous sewing books rather than just using them as coffee table books!


15 comments:

  1. Hope you get better soon.

    I was reading the Last Minute Patchwork Gift book last night and thinking that this pencil wrap looks really complicated. Since it took you one hour, I will allow four hours to make it. ;>

    I've just washed some of the fabrics I bougth a while ago, so hoping to do some sewing soon.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, forgot to say that my rascal is also a big fan of the Green Balloon Club, I think it is great too, so educational and lovely songs.

    I haven't tried the cawl yet, but on my list of 'to do'

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a neat idea to have fabric matching the color of the pencil! You could almost grab the pencil without looking! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello and I hope you're feeling a little better today. I have just read your book reviews - great idea! Love the pencil roll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you have been poorly. I hope you feel better soon. I love the pencil wrap.
    I haven't seen the Green Balloon Club, we are onto cbbc now (unfortunately).
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! that is REALLY GORGEOUS ... i never thought to do it like that... what a good idea for small kids. Makes pencil cases much more interesting even than normally interesting ones!! if you know what I mean .. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps: i think it's going round sniff sniff .. hope you feel better soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helen, this is so lovely and has been on my to-do list from that book too - your fabrics look wonderful.

    I feel wretched too. Hope you feel better soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get better soon, lovely gift, you have matched up the colours beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOh well done! it's just lovely. This makes me think I should make a start on those bird Christmas decorations that I planned out...last year. Goodness :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hope you feel better soon!
    I love that book, but my has remained coffee table book only, must make something from it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The crayon roll looks great, great fabric combination.
    Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty!

    I hope you're all feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Feeling better?? I hope so!
    Lovely pencil roll!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this, it is absolutely gorgeous.

    You should definitely make some knitting needle rolls, too

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at Helen[at]angharadhandmade[dot]co[dot]uk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...