Monday, 13 October 2008

Blue skies and sunshine

Thanks for all the lovely birthday wishes for my daughter in my last post. Here, have a slice of birthday cake -



Regular readers of this blog may notice a likeness to the last birthday cake and realise that my own cake-decoration skills are almost on a par with those of a two and almost-five year old!

It's been a blissful weekend of sunshine and bright blue skies. The birthday girl had a tea party in the garden with some friends on Sunday - not something we had ever thought would happen with a birthday in October!



On Saturday we had a relaxed day with my mum visiting from Wales. After a leisurely lunch on the patio of a country pub, we headed up to Burnham Beeches, a mere hop skip and a jump from where we live, for a wander in the woods.







There was paddling in streams, picking the last few blackberries of the season, and some tree climbing.





A forest ramble (well, by a 2 year old's standards!) ranks as one of my children's favourite days out. Hopefully the lovely weather will continue so we can fit in some more lovely Autumnal walks very soon.

9 comments:

  1. It was a beautiful weekend wasn't it. We made a dash out for a picnic and walk on sunday and felt a very happy family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was a blissfull weekend, we managed a wonder along the Thames. Love the cake too, smarties and chocolate cake what could be better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it was a lovely weekend. We went for a walk in Hamstead Heath and my work colleague asked whether I've been abroad today as I look tanned??

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing wrong with having a 'cake style', particularly if it involves chocolate! Very envious of your walk, what lovely autumnal fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wasn't the lovely sunshine a welcome bonus. Really lifted my spirits.
    Cake looks great, chocolate is always good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh me too! i loved forest ramples. I remember every sunday asking to go to "blackness" which was our nearest wood/seaside/rambly place .. first time i've thought about that place in years .. v. delicious looking cake! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to wander around Burnham Beeches in my wayward 20s. How much more I'd appreciate it now.

    And I would love a cake like that - for one thing, I'm older so more smarties...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the cake. What a beautiful day to celebrate a birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. tee hee....I love those pink boots. Must say I would wear those myself.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...