Wednesday, 15 October 2008

has it really been a year already?



It suddenly dawned on me last week that my blog-aversary must be imminent and I made a mental note to devote some time to thinking about my post. Well, as often happens to me, I forgot all about it until today, so here I am rattling off a quick post just so that I don't miss my 'slot' on my actual blog birthday!

This is probably a good time to share a bit of exciting news. Back in January I was contacted through my etsy shop by someone from Lark books who had seen this moleskine case I had made and invited me to submit a proposal for their forthcoming book, Pretty Little Cozies.



Not being one to count my chickens (this is a very definite personality trait of mine, the non-chicken-counting one!), I didn't want to say anything about it until I was absolutely sure it was happening. So in spite of having had my proposal accepted and even a cheque in the post, I had my eye on the small print that accepted projects still might not make the final cut. So last week, I sent a tentative email to ask whether my moleskine organiser was in, and was told that it will indeed be in the book. Pretty Little Cozies is due to be published in May 2009 and I'm so very excited to see the book in the flesh!

Since then this organiser has been through quite a few different incarnations. This is one of the things that I love about etsy, that I so often get custom orders to tailor-make a design for someone in their own taste of fabrics and colours.



I feel that there should be some kind of giveaway to celebrate both the blogging birthday and the good news, so I'll be back later this week with something to put up for grabs!

19 comments:

  1. Very exciting news! :)

    Happy anniversary - these years just go quicker and quicker don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such exciting news Helen - I'm so pleased for you that it is in.

    And of course, happy blog birthday too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay - congratulations! Happy blog birthday too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen,

    Wow - many congratulations on your organiser being featured. You should be so very proud of yourself. How very exciting. Thanks to you - I've just realised I've missed my blog birthday - poop! All the very best for yours though :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the book and the anniversery. Maybe it will be a whole book you are writing next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your book news, how exciting!
    Happy blog birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fantastic news to tell us about on your blog birthday. Congratulations. Looking forward to the book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulation on your blog birthday and also on having teh case in the book.

    You must be so pleased! I look forward to seeing the book in May next year.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy blogiversary, and congrats on the publication - that's very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday and congratulations on the book! That must be so exciting..

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!!! Congratulatins!! How EXCITING!!!! VERY pleased for you. And happy birthday to your blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy one year blog birthday Helen and what a great time to celebrate having your work in print. A wonderful achievement - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooops, I missed your blog birthday but I love your openess about your traits, well done you x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What exciting news! Oh and congratulations on your 1 year anniversary too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Blog Birthday. And congratulations on your organiser being accepted for the book! I'm not suprised its goegeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy anniversary and a huge congratulations! This is a very exciting news and I am so please for you! I will be looking out for the book :D
    P.S. I have tagged you on my blog - hope you don't mind (if you have done it before, don't worry!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. belated Happy BlogBirthday and big congrats on having your pattern in the book. That's brilliant (but unsurprising as it is such a gorgeous project)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woo! Well done on getting yourself published, and happy birthday to youoooo.

    XX

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...