Tuesday, 18 November 2008

... and breathe!

Well I'm back, and have survived to tell the tale of the craft fair! Thanks for the good wishes. My laptop didn't make it through the week or I might have been back to report on progress, though then again, I've barely stepped away from the sewing machine for the last week or so. This is the kind of thing I might have blogged about if I had been able to:


The laptop was not a terminal case, luckily. It's still suffering from a few ailments, but after a new power cord it has a new lease of life. I can't tell you how distressing it was for me to be without internet access for so long!

The weekend of the craft fair was really busy. It was lovely manning the stall with the other Outcasts - Kira, SkeinQueen, Knithappens, Knitwit and Carli. Fellow-outcatsian Melarno also popped in to say hello. Here are a few snaps of our stall - I like to think of it as 'rummageable'.


I had a great weekend - so lovely to have friends and family dropping in to give their support, too. Lindsay of Clothcat, my craft fair partner from the last fair I took part in, popped in, and I met Machi of MagpieNest who sent me that lovely Christmas swap last year.

Naturally, I didn't come away from the fair empty handed and will share my buys in my next post.

Now I'm just catching up with all the things I've let slide over my week of frantic crafting. What a lovely surprise it was to get this package in the post from Florence in the midst of my sewing stress. Florence seems to have a great eye for pretty ribbons and trims, and after I had admired some of the recent purchases she had posted about, she was kind enough to send me these pretty grosgrain ribbons.

Thank you, Florence, for the lovely thought which was so cheering! I'm keeping them well away from my little girl who has a tendency to collect up any pretty trims she finds for her own sewing box!

9 comments:

  1. Your table looks very inviting. Hope it went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything looks just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh what a lot of stuff! Fair puts my sewing efforts to shame. Glad you had a good time at the weekend, and that you got to meet so many other crafty people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wellcome back, Helen!
    Hope everything went well and you can recover your laptop!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. It looks like you have been very busy.
    Our lap top is hanging on for dear life with a power connection. It has to be a table top and not a lap top at the momment for fear of moving it and upsetting the power connection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on the craft fair. I did a couple at the start of the month that were really quiet but the last two have been much better, still 3 to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, your stalls looks great and so many pretty bags. I'm glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done! Hope you did well too. x

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...