Monday, 22 December 2008

3 years on


We celebrated the boy's third birthday last week. This is us on Christmas day when he was a week old. Laid back soul that he is, he pretty much slept through the entire event. Come to think of it, I think I caught the odd forty winks myself - I know I only made it half way through Christmas dinner before I passed out with exhaustion on the sofa!

Being almost a fortnight late, my plan of finishing the Christmas preparations after he was born didn't quite pan out as I had expected. Everything was pretty much thrown together, but none the less lovely for it. Somehow, this year I seem to have contrived to have been even less organised! The Christmas cake isn't even marzipanned, never mind iced, but then I don't have the best track record with Christmas cakes ...

12 comments:

  1. Ah, what a lovely story. Hope you enjoy your celebrations.
    I have a dreadful story of orange juice and olive oil, 29 years ago, no, I won't go there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how lovely Helen. My son was also born a week before Christmas (18th dec) and I have never been more organised as I had him at home. Never been organised since! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen,

    Your son looks so sweet in that photos. I love babies. My Christmas preparations have been a bit last minute too, I have been wrapping presents the night before giving them (sometime at 1am). I'm sure you are more organised than me. :>

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet story thanks for sharing. You are way ahead of me I haven't even made a cake yet
    x chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look absolutely amazing for having a week old baby at Christmas. I sometimes feel last minute preparations are just right for the occasion - it's about real life after all. Have a wonderful Christmas, C x

    ReplyDelete
  6. awh - happy birthday to the little guy

    and HAPPY CHRISTMAS to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He looks adorable. If it makes you feel any better my cake isn't iced yet either. Have a lovely christmas all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhhh. Happy Birthday to the little man. 3 is such a lovely age too. Hope you all have a lovely xmas! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photo.Have a wonderful family Christmas.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a lovely story. when Miss K was 2 weeks old we ate our Christmas dinner at 11.30pm! this year she's ten, and my cake isn't marzipanned either, in fact I only made it on Sunday....
    hope your Christmas this year is truly lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely, whn looking at that photo , icicng a cake is the last on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful post. I hope you had a wonderful day and a very happy new year to you! Time flies by, doesn't it? I often see my nephew's photo 2 years ago when he was a tiny baby. It is amazing how fast they grow!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...