Thursday, 29 January 2009

It's a wrap

Thanks for the moral support in my last post on my poor household management skills. Without evidence though, I just can't believe that anyone else's drawer is as bad as mine. I've noted with interest Mary's and Jodz's before and after shots of their 'messy' drawers - problem is their 'before' looks like my 'after'! I've abandoned the task now as it was depressing me. I'll just never open that drawer again.

I've been doing other sorts of 'housekeeping' too, namely filling in my tax return and overhauling my shop. The tax return is now done, thanks to my husband's input - he of the superior excel skills - I knew there was a reason why I married a mathematician! It certainly wasn't for his domestic/practical skills. This week, he went out to paint a number on our brand new bright red wheelie bin for mixed recyclables only to discover the next morning that it had washed off in the rain as he'd used emulsion paint (just don't tell him I told you that)! But praise where praise is due, he made mincemeat of all those horrible currency conversions and fee deductions, and let's face it, you only really need one person in a household who knows the difference between oil- and water-based paints.

I also finished my Clapotis wrap/scarf this week. I haven't even blocked it yet and I've already worn it quite a lot. The silk blend yarn is so luscious and the colours are beautiful (good work Huw and Eleanor!). I think I might make another one as a Christmas gift for my mother this year in a different shade of the Manos yarn (getting ahead with the present list this year!).

17 comments:

  1. It is truly wonderous and gorgeous... I sometimes feel the same about blocking as you. I agree re the needs in a household, there is no need for you both to know everything : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your clapotis! I'm totally going to make one now. I wasn't going to before, since it seems that everyone on Ravelry has made one, but this shade of Manos has changed my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS scarf! I've said it before, and i'll say it again .. i really must learn how to knit! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks GREAT made into something! Good choice eh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I borrow you hubby? I took an excel class and set all that stuff up, but that was a couple of years ago and now I seem to have forgotten everything I learned. I know it can do some things I need it to, but for the life of me.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab scarf and it looks wonderful as a wrap too! Don't worry about your drawers, even saint Anthea (she of the perfect housewife fame) has 1 drawer that well normal, so how can we mere mortals compete.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Clapotis is lovely. I really like the yarn and the colour. I've got so much I want to knit, but I'm going to put in my Ravelry queque.

    Tax returns are horrible, I had to do them for other people for 3 years. Was a nightmare.

    Thanks for the mention. I'll come and tidy your draws if you want. Hee! Hee!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stunning Helen, I love the colour and design. I have to ask though, what's blocking?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous. I'm detirmined to make my own... some day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That wrap looks lovely and a good reward for finishing the tax return!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving your clapotis - gorgeous colour. Giggling at the use of emulsion paint! But nice to have someone who can help with yucky tax.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I have a drawer that I just don't want to open too. Gorgeous shawl! The stitches are very effective☺

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the scarf. More scarves should be more like blankets... I want one!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow - it looks even more gorgeous than before - do you know I have been fingering that manos yarn in every yarn shop I've visited ever since you first mentioned it (all TWO of them) and trying to work out what I could make with it...my problem is all the other WIPs scattered about....GREAT job, well done

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, I have just stumbled across your blog, just wanted to say hello and say that I love the things you have in your shop, you look like a Japanese fabric fan too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That scarf turned out beautiful...I love the clapotis because it is such a modern scarf. It seems like everyone has made one except for me....hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful wrap, well done you. Lovely Blog !

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...