Thursday, 12 February 2009

tagged

Mary of Knit and Sew City Girl kindly tagged me with this blogging award - thank you, Mary! The rules are as follows:

1) put the award on your blog
2) put a link on your blog to the blogger who gave you the award
3) nominate 5 other bloggers
4) leave a comment on their blog notifying them
5) list 5 things you are addicted to

Okey dokey, I tag Julia of Primrose Corner, AnnieB of Overmilkwood, Tess of Driftwood, JuliaB of Marmaladekiss and Joanna of Things Hand Made.

So all that remains is for me to list 5 addictions (please don't judge me :D)

1) Potatoes
I seriously love potatoes. Always have. I remember everyone laughing at me in French lessons aged 12 when we had to go around the class naming our favourite food and I said 'j'aime les pommes de terre'. Favourite ways with potatoes: dauphinoise, tartiflette, roast, mashed, chipped, sauteed. Definitely no Atkins diet for me!

2) Music
I tend to get a bit obsessed with listening to the same tracks over and over. Currently in my top 5 playlist are:
Joy Division - Love will tear us apart, Hard-Fi - Going out tonight, Kaiser Chiefs - Never miss a beat, The Smiths - This charming man, Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel - Come up and see me,


3) Books
I built up a serious book buying habit over the couple of years when I worked at Waterstone's book store - that was a great staff discount. I have a wishlist as long as my arm which features a lot of sewing/knitting books!

4) Double deckers
Not the vehicular variety, but the chocolate bars. My favourite. Can't get enough of them. Chocolate bar genius.



5) Tea
I drink a lot of tea. The more builderish the better - really strong and just a splash of milk. I do like herbal teas and speciality teas too, but it's builders' tea that I really crave.


Back tomorrow with that jewellery roll tutorial - almost done!

10 comments:

  1. My other half has a job in Waterstones at the mo, and I just said to him this evening that now I have started knitting I need to come in and look at the knitting books... he said he would order in a nice selection for me... uh-oh, could be a pricey trip, even with the discount!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen. Like the list, though just can't get into Double Deckers! Have a good weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto on the tea and double deckers. And the books. I just know I'm going to end up in a shop with a double decker in my hand today...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, I'm quite thrilled with that. I completely understand about books - I've got quite a serious book habit. There's always something which grabs my attention in a book shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the award!.. FANTASTIC music choice!!! And i'm with you on the tea too .. Yorkshire for me. Though if i'm feeling healthy, i'll drink nettle. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun tag, and award. mmm, tea and books on my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Helen.

    My dad use to work for a book wholesaler and we had 40% off all books. I think that's what started my book obession. Hee! Hee!

    Believe it or not, but I've never tried a Double Decker. I will go and buy one this lunch time and test it out.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks you, very touched you thought of me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Double deckers are good but I can't quite decide between them and toffee crisps for my favourite!

    Tartiflette is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like you even more now that I know you're a fellow potato lover ;)!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...