Still getting to grips with my new computer - which for the record isn't huge, nor am I an elf, it's just a funny angle! My old photo editing software apparently doesn't like the new operating system, so it's back to the drawing board. Hopefully taking the photos from my flickr will work!
Having been unable to use the internet (at least not without a good deal of frustration) for a couple of weeks, I've had plenty of sewing time on my hands. Whenever the small people have been out and about at school at playgroup, I've been trying to be super organised and do a lot of batch cutting and sewing. Truth be told, I haven't yet mastered the idea of cutting out several identical items at once, but even working on different items, I find it much more efficient to cut out a number of different projects at once.
There have been baby shoes for friends with new babies:
a new cosy which matches my living/dining room curtains (I am a tea fiend and find it annoying how quickly a pot of tea cools rendering it undrinkable - this one is interlined in insul-bright so it should retain the heat!):
and my personal favourite, a little red riding hood cape for a little girl who had to dress up as a character from a book for world book day (and she won a book!):
Ottobre design came up trumps with the pattern for this one - a cape and I would have winged it, but I was a little nervous about the hood! The pattern from the 6/2008 issue was just perfect, right down to the pointed tip to the hood (though this did not go down well with my daughter who was constantly trying to flatten it!). This is the red velour that I originally bought to make a Christmas dress for my girl - the Christmas dress that never was!
I also have a number of bags in various stages of completion - all in need of a single item to finish them which I have run out of, so they're laid to one side for the moment. Instead, I've rummaged through my scraps to put together some fabrics for a Chinese coin quilt. Chickpea Sewing Studio and Orangeflower are having a sew along, which was the perfect excuse for me to start on this project. I'd been looking at the one in Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts for a while without ever taking the plunge.
These are the fabrics I've decided on - various scraps (and I mean scraps!) of Barefoot Roses, a bit of Liberty Tana Lawn, and one of my favourites, the Flea Market Fancy print. It's been so sunny this last week, it's put me in the mood for a nice Springtime project! I've started piecing them already, which a slightly eccentric method of chain piecing which left me losing track of the order I'd decided on, but all is well, and I think I'll end up with four strips of the same length. I think I'm really going to enjoy this one!