Wednesday, 29 April 2009

from buttons to bag

The green phase continues - here's another bag in sage tweed, with some more olive velvet ribbon and those Liberty covered buttons I made last week. I've had the self-cover buttons sitting in my stash for ages, then I saw the photo of this cuff when Julia posted it on her blog and felt immediately compelled to use them.

liberty button 2

I also made some false button loops in the velvet ribbon as that's part of the whole charm of fabric buttons for me.

liberty button bag 1

I see many more covered buttons in my future ...


14 comments:

  1. Thats a really classy looking bag. I couldn't follow any of you links but that could just be me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh very pretty, I really like the handles :o)

    Monda
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen that bag is GORGEOUS!!!! I love the lines of it! Really wonderful. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bag! It has really modern, minimal styling. I love that kind of look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a lovely bag - really nice shape. I've got a pair of those handles in a drawer somewhere too (cue guilt at excessive stash and not enough sewing) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's a lovely design - classic and sophisticated and yet completely modern. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely bag, Helen! and clever idea the buttons

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness Helen, that is such a lovely bag - I love the swooshy lines - perfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very stylish bag - I love the buttons. Congratulations on getting your coasters featured in this months Sew Hip by the way - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous bag. I love the details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely bag Helen. I really like the buttons and the handles. We are baking Green and white swirl biscuits here.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this bag. The detail is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at Helen[at]angharadhandmade[dot]co[dot]uk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...