The customer chose this lovely bold Amy Butler print in olive green, so I bought the co-ordinating lighter olive shade from the Amy Butler solids range to line it. I'm totally sold on these fabrics - the colours are beautiful and they have a really lovely handle.
This was my first foray into a zipped closure for a shoulder bag, so I toyed with a few different ways of doing it, and had been about to make a zipped facing for the opening of the bag when I remembered Lisa's tutorial from a little while ago. This is a great method and gives a lovely neat look at the top of the bag. The only change I made was to extend the closed end of the zip beyond the length of the zip casings and add a little fabric tab as I wanted the bag to be open as widely as possible. I also added double lines of topstitching, partly due to my obsession with reinforcing seams, and partly as I just plain love topstitching.
The bag also included a zipped pocket inside, a divided patch pocket and a key fob.
There must be something about the weather at the moment as I've had a small flurry of custom requests with another two to be getting on with over the coming week. I'm very happy to be getting on with plenty of sewing - that's the other great thing about custom orders, they stop me from procrastinating!