Friday, 21 August 2009

holiday snaps

Portscatho august 09

Back from a relaxing week in Cornwall, staying in the pretty village of Portscatho. We couldn't have wished for nicer weather. It was lovely to be able to walk to the beach and enjoy daily (sometimes twice daily) swims - why is it that I live so far from the sea?

Portscatho august 09

The children enjoyed paddling, playing with their cousin and building sand cities (we've graduated from the plain old sandcastles of last year).

In view of the fact that my sewing machine isn't that portable, and that I'm incapable of sitting doing nothing, I took my knitting with me and managed to finish my icarus shawl in the iridescent 2ply silk yarn I bought from Skein Queen. I'm not altogether sure that I'm a shawly kind of person, but it really is very pretty.

finished icarus shawl (crafting 365/3-16)

Last week of the holidays now, and as ever it seems to have gone really quickly. I barely seem to have ticked anything off my to-do list, but never mind, it's been nice to be bone idle after a busy term!

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a lovely time, relaxing, enjoying the sunshine and a bit of creativity too. Isn't it nice to be by the beach? It can really clear the cobwebs away xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most beautiful shawl - I couldn't begin to do such lovely lacy knitting! The Skein Queen yarn is so nice, isn't it?

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed your stay in Cornwall Helen. It is lovely isn't it? (lucky me to live here!). Your shawl is beautiful - perhaps you could cultivate the shawl wearer in you! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shawl is amazing. It is soooo beautiful. I am really impressed. I have no idea how to knit. Not much use for sweaters growing up in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shawl is amazingly beautiful!!! Oh, I love it.
    I am so jealous because I love Cornwall! Glad that you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shawl! I think summer holidays are supposed to be low pressure aren't they? Getting out and about and just enjoying the freedom a little.

    Enjoy what's left of the holidays before they have to return (and we have to return) to school routine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shawl is beautiful. I think they look lovely worn as scarves if you don't wear shawls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful place to go on holiday....sigh...the sea looks lovely....

    ReplyDelete
  9. That scarf looks amazing. living next to the sea is one of the thingy list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Helen,

    Your shawl is SO BEAUTIFUL. The yarn is lovely!

    The weather has been so good lately, and it looks like you had a great time in Cornwall.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at Helen[at]angharadhandmade[dot]co[dot]uk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...