Sunday, 29 November 2009

We Making

Thanks so much for all the lovely comments and good wishes on my last post. I'm almost behaving like a normal person now that the morning sickness has passed and am back to sewing, fuelled by double deckers and monster munch. I do seem to be suffering from a touch of pregnancy brain though - this week's highlight was dropping my mobile phone down the toilet, I know not how, so I am now without phone or any means of telling the time while out and about. That's really going to help with making me more organised ...

The We Make Christmas fair is now looming large, taking place in Chelsea Town Hall next Saturday, 5th December. Please do pop in and say hello if you're in the area. I'll be sharing a stall with Florence and Joanne in the ante room, in proximity to the Cadogan suite, where there'll be tea and cake, which I must say is an added bonus.

I've been trying to work production-line style and make batches of different things for the stall. Last week was pencil case and coin purse week. Although I have to say cutting out hundreds of rectangles of interfacing, fabric and linings was rather tedious, it was good to get it all done in one go and immensely satisfying to end up with a stack of finished items.

Purses and pencil cases for We Make

This week it's make up bags, and I have a pile of fabric pieces and zips awaiting my attention tomorrow. I've been slightly distracted today by the need to whip up a last-minute king costume for my daughter's nativity play next week. It's all finished now, and my girl is delighted with it, in spite of it being a little hastily thrown together! I'm so looking forward to being a proud mum and watching her singing on stage next week.

11 comments:

  1. What a delicious looking stack. I love the pencil case at the front! I find the process you are using is a good way to get through making alot of stock. Although of course there are parts that are more fun than others. But the end result is so satisfying and better than having lots of little things to do that can make you feel scattered. We have just had our Makers Market here and it went very well. I like the sound of carol singers...we will have to do that next Christmas! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that pile of finished goods helen. Glad the sickness is easing now x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure you take your tissues for the Nativity, I always needed one!

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My littles ones aren't doing a nativity this year but my daughter has a solo to sing in the carol concert. I'll be sniffing for sure!
    Glad you are over the sickness, it's such a pain feeling grotty. You are obviously in the getting things done phase now, judging by the lovely purses and pencils cases.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a production!
    It's good "seeing" you back so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh what awesome piles of things! Such lovely fabrics too. Your productivity is astounding - I remember feeling completely tired most of the time through my entire pregnancy. I do hope I'll get my bags finished in time to go with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who's been a busy bunny then?
    The pencil cases & purses look lovely. Good to have you back in the land of sewing!

    Natasha x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Helen! Wow, look at all those pencil cases and purses. I'm so impressed.

    I'm going to the fair this Saturday with my daughter, so I will see you, Florence and Jo then.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best wishes for the fair, i wish I could come and see!

    ReplyDelete
  10. best of luck with the fair on Saturday, I will try and pop over.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look amazing! I especially love the kitty pouch :D
    I think it's a great venue and will be really busy. Good luck on the day!
    x
    Kyoko

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...