Monday, 18 January 2010

Rainy day window shopping

I'm currently filling in my tax return. In spite of having a husband who can do magical stuff with the formulae in an excel spreadsheet, saving me the horrors of individual dollars to pounds conversions (thank you, husband!) this is proving to be a real chore. Delaying the inevitable, I've been doing a bit of internet browsing in between typing figures into columns. Here are some of the lovely things I've been coveting looking at on etsy (there's something about looking at how much money you've spent in a year that leads to an uncontrollable urge to windowshop!):

Stunning Tori Japanese Style Bird Pendant by howlindoggie - this has been on my wishlist longterm!

London April Showers mini print by askey illustration - makes me smile thinking of my boy and girl be-hooded in the rain.

handprinted fabric by Melissa Bombardiere - the belbird design in this multi-coloured stack is my favourite.

I Like People Who Smile When It's Raining print by Heidi Burton. Another of Heidi's prints already cheers up my workspace, and I really agree with the sentiment of this one! See the Bob Dylan quotation on the item listing: 'Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet'.


scandi colour-it-yourself screenprinted poster by summersville. I love colouring in - the only problem is managing to wrestle the felt tips away from the children!


Little Vixen Necklace by Joanna Rutter. My sister bought me a pair of Joanna's beautiful bird earrings for my birthday last year - the finish on the silver is so pretty.


Printable customized stationery by yaelfran. Such a fantastic idea - the stationery is customized to illustrate your family - hair styles, colouring, everything!

... wondering whether publicly thanking the husband and making a list of things I want in the same post could prove an effective strategy ;)

10 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot!!!!!
    And congrats on your new baby!!!!!!

    Wishing you the best!
    Yael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, you are quite the sewing. Congrats on your baby news, I'm due in 2 days with my first.
    Thanks for showing off my fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgoues choices, etsy is a dangerous place to while away the hours ! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful blog!

    i will be putting it on my regular reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen!

    Excel has made my tax less taxing but haven't kept it up to date so well lately. The $ v's £ is such a chore though my spreadsheet now has a conversion formula thing. *Pretends to know about technical things*.

    Thanks for including my print in your features! In need of a full on thrasher of a thunderstorm! Love the silver fox, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love the customised stationary and the print by Askey. So cool.

    Well done for doing your tax return, I should be filing mine this coming week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful finds, I love the fabric. Do hope you have managed to file your return, always a headache!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well with that long list lets hope the tax bill isnt too big!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at Helen[at]angharadhandmade[dot]co[dot]uk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...