Saturday, 8 May 2010

Oliver + s birthday party dress

Have you popped over to Backstitch yet? It's Alice of Fancy Elastic's new venture, her online shop filled with gorgeous fabrics and patterns. When Alice got in touch to ask me if I'd be willing to do a pattern review, I jumped at the chance, as I've had my eye on some of the lovely Oliver + S patterns for ages (had I not been endowed with a 9-month bump, I would have been sorely tempted by the Colette patterns, but I think I'll wait until my body is back to its normal shape!).

oliver + s birthday party dress - front

I chose the birthday party dress for the big sister, making it in a pretty purple and green polka dot fabric with her choice of buttons from my stash (a self cover button with a teacup motif cut from some Japanese fabric and some green and white polka dot buttons for the back). If you'd like to see the full review, pop over to the Backstitch website. I'd love to make another of these dresses for the baby and have matchy matchy sisters, but as the smallest size is 6months, that at least gives me a bit of time to get thinking about it!

14 comments:

  1. Stunning! Goodness, both you and your girl have taste. I lovel that little teacup button. Thanks so much for the tip about Backstitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh How adorable!!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so sweet! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty. now will you go and put your feet up and behave like a pregnant women instead of outting us all to shame, I do not have a "bump" and I still do not find the time energy to make clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks gorgeous! What a lucky girl she is.

    Again - where is that baby??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, the dress is wonderful! Yes, I am hoping to try out Oliver and + pattern from Backstitch soon for my niece. I do love the fabrics too.
    x
    Kyoko

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely dress! I like the fabric you have chosen. So pretty. I better go and check out Backstitch's website.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing! So pretty... I wish I knew how to follow patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how sweet! I wish I had little people to make clothes for! Maybe I'll do it anyway and then just wait and see who I meet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a gorgeous dress - I think your daughter will look very pretty in it. The button is a delightful finishing touch.

    BTW, I hope you don't mind but I'd like to invite you and your readers over to my blog to join in my giveaway... it's for one of my Pondlife + Plankton appliqued pencil rolls. It's on over at http://amoebahandmade.blogspot.com/2010/05/thats-my-pic-just-there-and-my-first.html

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely dress!!!
    Hope you are feeling well, take care :))

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...