Sunday, 1 May 2011

new things on the horizon

Once again, I find myself apologising for a long blog absence. There's been a whirlwind of activity around here, since, a few weeks ago, my husband got a new job. He's a teacher, so at least the timescale is a bit kinder than it might be, but even so, having to be moved out and moved in by the beginning of September means that we've been under pressure to get our house onto the market as soon as possible.

I may have mentioned on more than one occasion what a poor housewife I am, so it's going to be quite a struggle keeping the house in order for viewings! For the time being, I'm trying not to stress about chains, new schools for the children and saying our goodbyes here, but taking one step at a time.

The move is something we'd always planned in the longterm; we're heading West, back to the homeland for me, and nearer to family in South Wales and the West country, which has been the main reason behind it all. Of course, there's all the guilt about uprooting the children, but so far so good, they're excited about having castles, mountain centres, seaside and grandparents on their doorstep and seem to think they're going to be permanently on holiday. So far, I'm the only one who's disgraced herself by shedding tears at their classroom doors when telling their teachers we'll be leaving!

This has been a bit of a word-heavy post, so I'll leave you with a few pictures taken by the children on a recent idyllic day out at Kew Gardens with Joanne and family. We had a wonderful time roaming the vast gardens, exploring the giant badgers' set (actually Joanne and I sat that one out; the advantage of taking husbands along is that they can do all the gung-ho, crawling around in small dark spaces things!), and admiring the giant compost heap (it takes a considerable amount of time for a small boy to appreciate its splendour).

From the viewfinder of my daughter, budding nature photographer ...

by my 7 yr old girl
by my 7 year old girl
by my 7 year old girl
by my 7 year old girl
by my 7 year old girl

And Joanne mentioned 'extreme closeups', so I just had to post this picture my boy took here.

close up peacock by my 5 yr old boy

Somehow, I forgot my son was only 5 and didn't anticipate quite how close to the peacock he would go to take his shot; there must have been a number of people that day who took photos of a beautiful peacock and the back of a small boy holding a canon powershot about a foot from its beak!

6 comments:

  1. ooh let us know where you end up, just in cse it anywhere near me and we can meet up or you can avoid me like the plague!
    Joanna
    Near Cheltenham

    ReplyDelete
  2. exciting news! it will be hard work but worth it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the move! Exciting and a bit nerve wracking at the same time I should think (mainly the house moving bit). Am just waiting to hear myself if I've got a job up in Liverpool not too far from where my parents live - husbands already been offered a job there so it'll be a big decision to make if I don't get it. Am dreading the thought of having to find new school, nursery, sell the house etc!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving is a stressful thing, but I'm sure you'll be pleased once it's all done and dusted.New adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your kids take impressive pictures!

    Lucky you for moving. Ok, I know that the moving part is rubbish, but I miss that area. Thank goodness I'm popping home for a visit this summer...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the move, so exciting and a little overwhelming all at once!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...