Monday, 2 April 2012

Polka dots and buttons



Well, I've got my feather duster out and I've been Spring-cleaning the shelves of my sadly neglected little shop. That pile of Japanese polka dot linens I was working on last week has become a stack of cute pencil cases and coin purses embellished with buttons, ribbons and little elephant, matryoshka and sausage dog motifs. A much-needed injection of colour!

Still on the Japanese theme, I'm working on my second top for the Spring Top sewalong using a pattern from Stylish Dress book 1. I bought the book from M is for Make almost two years ago, so it's high time I made use of it. You can see some of the patterns that drew me to it over on flickr, so many pretty blouses and tunics. The diagrams are so good that if you've made a top before, you shouldn't have too much of a problem using one of the patterns from this book, especially as Kate includes a very handy exhaustive list of translated terms from the patterns with your order.

So far, I have a top with a raw neckline and only one sleeve, but I hope to have a finished blouse to show tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh I have that pattern book too - had it about 2 years, not made a single thing yet - typical! There are some gorgeous things in there though. One day... nice to know they work out well, they look like the should but you never really know do you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The patterns are indeed lovely. I'm pleased with the blouse, though it's quite voluminous! The patterns are great basic shapes you could tweak and customise.

      Delete
  2. oh your shop looks just gorgeous, I am in love with the dots! looking forward to seeing your 2nd top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tess! I finished the top, so will post later in the week.

      Delete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...