Tuesday, 10 July 2012

In praise of the library

library haul

Not a bad haul, eh; I do love a bit of sewing-book browsing. The only problem is that laden with a stack like this I then have to push a buggy full of 2 year-old up a near-vertical hill, so this is me reigning myself in a bit. To be fair, as I have to quickly pluck books off the shelf whilst doing circuits with the toddler, it's a miracle I manage to get away with this much.

My children, like me, have now discovered the fun of browsing the online catalogue and requesting books from other libraries in the county. There's nothing like the anticipation of setting out knowing there's a lovely book waiting for you on the reserves shelf.


10 comments:

  1. nice haul! I love libraries :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to a library in years! looking forward to this phase.. see you on Friday! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh great idea! I have looked in our local library for sewing books before and they've never had much worthy reading - I'd never thought about ordering them in. Great way to try before you buy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got a great selection there, my local library is pretty pants and even the online catalogue is dull. Hence my amazon addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love books, love libraries! I've really rediscovered my local libraries since having the children. Always on the lookout for some new recommendations to check out on my ticket. I do still miss the little cardboard pocket library tickets though - a barcode card will never be quite as pleasing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!
    I have just found your tortoise pencil case (and as bizarre a comment it is for a pencil case) am absolutely in love with it!! I've been trawling the internet for 2 hours trying to find one I like - and now I'm desperate to know - is there anyway I can buy it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah! I hope you got my email reply. I'm afraid I ran out of the tortoise fabric a good while ago. I've got other pencil cases in my shop here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Angharad?section_id=5898694 but no tortoises, sorry!

      Delete
  7. What is your opinion on the Making Welsh Quilts book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jonnalyhn. The Making Welsh Quilts book is amazing and well worth a look for lots of inspiration, and also projects and quilting patterns.

      Delete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...