Sunday, 15 September 2013

Sunday Stash - button love


It's been a while since I've celebrated my ever-growing stash of haberdashery and fabric. We have a new pop-up shop in  my home-town of Chepstow, Vintage Vision, which describes itself as 'a social enterprise for women, selling and restyling great vintage clothing', with two other shops in Abergavenny and Blaenavon. The shops are full of vintage and retro finds and also offer sewing workshops focused around customising, repurposing and repairing clothes. They will soon be hosting a pop up museum exhibition entitled 'What is fashion?' in partnership with Chepstow Museum.

Of course, given my button mania, I was never going to be able to pass up the opportunity to sift through the prettily-carded vintage buttons on the counter and came away with these beauties to add to my hoard. My button jar overfloweth.

5 comments:

  1. I love your buttons, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty, pretty buttons. I am in the middle of trying to winnow my stash as now my girls are growing they need more space and I can't quite justify hoarding little fabric scraps any more. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those ones with the little leaves! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now they are gorgeous! I can never resist nice buttons either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous buttons! What are you planning for them? The Abergavenny branch of VV is nearest to me and I've enjoyed browsing there a few times.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...