Sunday, 22 September 2013

Sunday Stash - luscious liberty

Liberty tana lawn 

'A few scraps of fabric' is how The Coffee Lady described this package which she so generously sent me around this time last year! Hardly scraps, but bundles of liberty loveliness - how I oohed and aahed as I opened the package. I have to say, Liberty tana lawn is one of my all-time favourite fabrics to work with, especially for sewing clothing - the super-high thread count, the silky sheen, the lovely drape. I feel a sort of sense of responsibility when sewing with tana lawn - no cutting of corners or quick-fix finishes (hence French seams in this top I made for my daughter).

Liberty tana lawn

So what to sew? I've been hoarding these two bundles for far too long, it's time to get those fabric shears out. I'm thinking of patchwork - perhaps some English paper pieced hexagons, always a winner. Or there's lots more food for thought over on the Liberty Craft Blog. Perhaps I'll just procrastinate a little longer.

5 comments:

  1. I can never quite bring myself to cut into tana lawn, but it certainly is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh yes Liberty Tana lawn is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just adore tana lawn, stitching by hand or machine - perfect for epp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous 'scraps'. The possibilities are endless.
    I thing we crafters sometimes find thinking about what to make more (or just) as enjoyable as the making itself, and are reluctant to start cutting because it means the thinking is over.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh do please do English Paper Piecing. I should love to see what you create. I have few ideas of my own, so have to nick them from others.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...