Saturday, 11 October 2014

Back to school and then some

Boat from Caldey Island

Well the Summer has been and gone, and everyone's back at school - including the resident small person, who now joins her brother and sister at the same primary school in Reception class. For one year only, I shall have all three in the same place between 9am and 3.30pm - daughters at each end of the school, with eldest off to comp next year, and boy-in-the-middle only a year behind her. It'll be a relief to despatch them all to the same place every day after a very busy year last year, which involved practically ejecting the elders from a moving car in order to get the youngest to her nursery school 5 1/2 miles away 15 minutes later. It also happened to be an exceptionally busy year for me (isn't it always the way when life is already frantic), taking on a new part-time job as well as a soon-to-be-revealed project which consumed several months of my life.

I must admit it's been a bit of a shock to the system to be the one going out to work whilst the husband was at home with the children this Summer. With him being a teacher, I normally look forward to the long holidays as a time when we can all revert to a lovely chaotic existence with days out on the hop, and an extra person to share in the parenting and housekeeping. It feels a bit as if the Summer has slipped through my fingers, so I'm already looking forward to half term. Even the husband told me he knows exactly how many days teaching are left till the holiday - perils of being a mathematician, I think he sees all life in digits!

I'm more the type who sees life in pictures, and if there's one good reason why I love to blog, it's for having a record of all those moments which would otherwise be forgotten. So with that said, here's a snapshot or two of Summer 2014.

George's Marellous Medicine

Tower of London poppies



Beach Cricket in Tenby

Caldey Island

2 comments:

  1. I had one year with all three at the same school. It was amazing! Then the next year they were each in different schools. Not so much with the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seeing life in pictures is a perfect way to describe blogging x

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping to leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from everyone! I always try to respond to comments by email or visit your blog, but sometimes blogger doesn't provide me with these details, so you can always email me at angharadhandmade {@} gmail . com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...